5 October 2010

atc's - artist trading cards


Artist trading cards!  Here in little New Zealand we've been aware of the craze of artist trading cards especially in the USA for a while now and have been watching from a distance.. until the invitation to take part in a local atc swap by Collette Fergus - see here if you would like to take part.

In short, atc's are tiny little original artworks, 64mm x 89mm to be precise and are made to trade, never to sell.  This meant that only artists could collect, trade and swap cards... so the clever people have come up with aceo's - artist cards, editions and originals - which are available to buy.  So now all peoples can own a little collection of beautiful, inspiring cards!

I've had loads of fun with my set of 25 just completed. All of them started out by teabag printing on watercolour card - yup, those used teabags have been calling me to do something with them.  Then I used pencil to do the drawings and after that out came the watercolour paints - something I've been wanting to do for a very long time.  Now I'm sure there are absolutely no excuse why you couldn't try your own hand at this.. easy as pie... go on, you know you want to ..e^)

2 comments:

winner said...

Like your blog'S style!! Please keep on working hard. ^^

Erika Husselmann said...

thank you winner! unfortunately I couldn't read your blog.. sorry! e^)

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube