23 November 2010

the prayer

Oil and graphite 400mm x 300mm x 35mm stretched canvas.  Feet of clay but plentiful prayers.
I left most of the painting in a loose free style and attempted to bring the face to a well rendered state - to contrast with the rough feet and hands.
I painted this prayer while waiting for news about the Pike River mining disaster and have decided to donate all funds from the auction towards the Pike River Miner's Fund.  It is my prayer that the families and friends of these miners will find peace and comfort from the support they have from people here in NZ and over the world.  My heart is breaking for them and I can't even imagine what it must feel like for them.  So if my tiny little drop in the bucket could make any sort of a difference, then I've done something from the heart.  Kia kaha.
Thanks for looking ..e^)
 PS..how you can help..

No comments:

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube