My rag

is to me one of the most beautiful things... holding all the colours and memories of works long gone. I feel strongly attached to it and feel like exhibiting it along with other ethereal stuff to make up an exhibition of just that - the signification of the work that went into the 'works'. If you have something similar that you love like this, comment below with a link so we can see it all..
This is a picture of my linen rag, used now for phew about 7 years, just after I washed and dried it. As it gets older, the oil paints from earlier paintings get washed out more and fades, so the stronger colours are the latest ones I worked with, much like memories and layered history..
You have something similar? ..e^)

Comments

Jo Murray said…
The memories of so many wonderful images are in this humble rag.

Popular Posts