5 April 2012

con glo me rate

Here I go again with material and process taking centre stage. First I painted the whole thing black. A great surface to work on. Next I embedded tissue paper in the surface, then using my fingers and squeezing out directly onto the canvas, I start working in the colours using circular movements and slightly overlapping the dots. Great. Now I collage on a little children's hymn which I cut into strips, along with the petals of an artificial peony. Then more paint directly onto the canvas, worked with my fingers. Then my brain just had to make sense of it all and slowly a face was lifted out.. and I had to stop there to leave some room and freedom for the imagination to take over. Our brains are such powerful instruments!
Available from trademe for a week.. enjoy Easter! ..e^)

No comments:

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube