8 January 2014

CS50 et al

Sometimes life takes interesting turns and this new year has me excited about a couple of creative things.  I feel strongly that my life was plotted out long before my birth and that I'm slowly, piece by piece, making decisions and discovering the puzzle that was always there.  Like a Wasgij?  :-)  

There is this CS50 course that has just started online - so lo and behold I'm studying Computer Science at Harvard this year, sitting comfortably in my studio in Auckland, New Zealand.  MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) is an exciting way of dipping these old toes in unfamiliar waters.  

Also excited about  the NZ Art Journal swap organized by Cath Sheard for a small number of NZ artists.  Each artist works on a double page spread, then send the art journal on like a round robin. At the end it is bound to be something out of this world.  Here is the start of my one..

my first 'spread'
Working hard still on the rather large exhibition in Oxford NZ next month, but more about that in a next post.. In the meantime, I have work in Gallery Helena Bay and Monterey Art Gallery, as well as two works in The Garden Art Studio

And the year is just one week, and a bit, old..

See soon
erika

1 comment:

Igbinoba Wilson said...

this is nice and i like the idea of learning things, because they help develop ones self

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube