15 October 2015

Hobbs Wharf and its market

Where I now live there is a cute market every Sunday morning from 10am till 2pm. It's a little bit rural, a little bit quaint, with a little warm heart. There are all sorts, with yummy fresh vegetables and fruit some days, and plants, clothing and small little furniture pieces, all handmade. Did I tell you about the pies and pasties, the homemade bread and the semi-precious jewellery? There are also woodwork, woolwork, organic scrumptious lotions in pots all handmade and environment friendly, soaps and art.

It's the Hobbs Wharf Market, 134 Pinecrest Drive, Gulf Harbour, Whangaparaoa, and this time I will have a couple of paintings out just because I can, and will try to demonstrate some poppies I've been doing - seeing it is the centenary year of the battle of Gallipoli - if you're interested in the process of making little postcard sized art on paper.



I've also found this yummy little hall table at the local Hospice shop and promptly gave it a good scrub, then painted the top in a subtle pink. Next I doodled on it and started to colour it in.. so it will be waiting for you at the market to come and make your mark on it for free ;-)



Thanks for visiting my blog :-)
Best wishes
erika

No comments:

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube