12 March 2016

week 9 - white flower

Is there anything as pure and innocent as a white flower?

This little painting is made up of many many layers - acrylic, drawing in graphite, more acrylic, modelling paste and more acrylic. Tools used were brushes, pencils, painting knife, fingers and lastly a bamboo skewer to add a centre to the little white flower.

I never intended to paint a flower, it sort of presented itself and demanded to be included in the little picture. Who am I to object - was that a pun?

It's been a long time since I've done a complete work (albeit small) using my fingers as last layer. How lovely to be so closely in touch with the material, and what a freeing experience for me to let it happen and not to control the outcome too much. Lesson learned - free up, loosen up, let it go, and enjoy the moment

white flower - acrylic, modelling paste, graphite on stretched canvas, 300 x 300 x 15mm

More soon ..e^)

No comments:

My Living Channel Ad - on You Tube